Sunday 14 March 2010

Game 50 - Louth Town v Nettleham Saturday 6th March 2010 Buckingham Insurance Supreme League (7.00pm KO)

As the game at Westella &Willerby finishes I have three hours to get to Park Avenue, home of Louth Town. This is not a new ground for me as I've been lots of times before when it was home for Louth United, but it is always nice to go back there as it is a nice ground. A fairly leisurely drive sees me arrive at the ground at 5.20pm, plenty of time before kick off. I ring Mrs Reynard to hear how the game at Hillsborough went and nothing I hear makes me regret not going, especially as I've had a great day so far.


As it is still light I make my way into the ground to take my pictures. The first thing I notice is how cold it has become. You enter the ground on the side where all the facilities are. I make my way round the ground clockwise and head behind the goal to my left. There is a narrow strip of hard standing behind this goal.


I make my way to the far side and the hard standing runs the whole length of this side and there is also a TV gantry half way down this side.


I carry onto the end behind the other goal where the hard standing continues. As I make my way down here I see there is another training pitch behind the side.

I'm now nearly back to where I came in, only the impressive main stand between me and there. This has two separate standing areas, the dugouts, dressing rooms and above this is the clubhouse.


I go upstairs into the impressive clubhouse and get a coffee to warm up. The time passes quickly as I strike up conversation with a Hull fan who has attended the hop with his wife. I go back downstairs for the game and there is a minutes silence for Keith Alexander, nice to see the big guy being acknowledged in this way.


This game is easily the best of the day. Louth's neat passing style is impressive and it is easy to see why they are doing so well in the league. To be fair though, Nettleham, despite their lowly position also try to play and it makes for a good game. Nettleham cannot cope with the pace of the Louth attack and at the end of the game Louth run out 3-1 winners.
I'm lucky that I arrive home at just after 9pm, others on the hop will be home much later than that. I've thoroughly enjoyed the day, my first ground hop and hopefully not my last. A big thank you to all those that made the day possible, your efforts were most appreciated.
One final note. Easington won the hospitality award for the day, a thoroughly deserved award.

More pictures of Park Avenue here.


Louth Town 3-1 Nettleham
Att: 260
Admission: £3
Programme: £1
Badge: £3

No comments:

Post a Comment